Fresh Cut Trees At Alstede Farms
We Specialize in LARGE Trees! We have all sizes from 3 – 16 ft !
Alstede Farms gets multiple deliveries of its plantation grown Christmas trees from Maine and Pennsylvania, so you can be sure of a fresh tree. And we offer trees from 3’ to 16’ in the following varieties: Douglas Fir, Balsam Fir, Concolor Fir, Fraser Fir and Colorado Blue Spruce. Which one makes the best Christmas Tree? Ask five different people and you’ll get five different answers. Each one has its own special qualities:
- The Fraser Fir is the Cadillac of Christmas Trees. It is fragrant, with excellent needle retention,
and lots of depth and space for hanging decorations.
- The Balsam Fir is the most fragrant tree, with short needles that show off your beautiful ornaments. With good needle retention this tree is the Alstede Family’s favorite.
- The Douglas Fir has the best needle retention. The needles are soft and long and the tree is very full. This is a great tree for those who like to decorate immediately after Thanksgiving and wish to keep it up for weeks.
- The Concolor Fir has become a mainstay at Alstede’s due to its good needle retention and soft green color. The fragrance resembles citrus with a distinctive upright appearance.
- The Colorado Blue Spruce has a very beautiful shape, a lovely blue tint to its needles and holds ornaments well. It’s also more cat proof than the firs. However, while the spruce possesses unique beauty, its needle retention is not as good as the firs.
Visit With Santa When You’re Here!
Be sure to stop by Santa’s Country Christmas Corner right near the Farm Store. He will be here 11 am – 4 pm Every Saturday and Sunday! You can warm up fire his campfire and even roast a marshmallow!
For an additional fee we will be happy to deliver Christmas tree:
Delivery Rates: $25.00 for 1 – 10 miles…$10.00 each additional 5 miles
(Please note: This is for driveway drop off only – inside delivery requires setup fee)
Setup Fees: Prices vary – please call setup prices
Tree Take Down and Disposal Rates: Prices vary – please call for prices.
Real Christmas Trees….An Eco-friendly Choice!
While they’re growing, real Christmas Trees support life by absorbing carbon dioxide
and other gases and emitting fresh oxygen. The farms that grow Christmas Trees stabilize soil,
protect water supplies and provide refuge for wildlife while creating scenic green belts.
Often, Christmas Trees are grown on soil that doesn’t support other crops.
Real Christmas Trees Are Renewable!
Real Christmas Trees are grown on farms just like any other crop. To ensure a constant supply,
Christmas Tree growers plant one to three new seedlings for every tree they harvest.
On the other hand, artificial trees are a petroleum-based product.
The average family uses an artificial tree for only six to nine years before throwing it away,
where it will remain in a landfill for a long time after disposal.
Fresh Cut Christmas Tree Care
Thank you for choosing a real fresh cut Christmas tree from Alstede Farms. We want to insure that you have
great joy and satisfaction with your real tree. The following tree care instructions will help you to realize our goal for you.
- Upon purchasing your tree a fresh cut should be made on the butt end of the trunk. This is something that we are happy to do for you free of charge.
- As soon as you arrive home the butt end of the tree should be placed in a bucket of water. You will be amazed by how much water it will initially drink.
- If you are setting your tree up right away, keep in mind that an area of your house away from direct sunlight, heating vents, fireplaces, and wood stoves is best for your tree’s needle retention. Remember to keep the water in your stand full.
- If you are not setting your tree up right away, you should store it in a cool area away from sunlight. Be sure to keep the butt in water and make sure that the water doesn’t run out. You can keep the tree tied up until you are ready to set it up, but remember, keep it out of the sun.
- If for some reason your tree is out of water for more than 24 hours, there should be a new fresh cut made on the butt end of the trunk. Failure to do this will inhibit the tree’s ability to take up water which may reduce needle retention.
- Don’t worry about bringing home a fresh cut tree too early. Actually the best situation is to purchase your tree early and place it in water even if you don’t place it in your home for another week or two. This insures the best selection while at the same time maintains the best freshness.
- We highly recommend the use of tree preservative. We’ve tried lots of different products and antidotes over the years, however, we have found that the “Pine-Life” brand that we carry works the best.
- Remember, if you purchase a really big tree that you can’t handle yourself, or if you are simply too busy, we offer delivery, tree set up, and tree take down services.
All of us at Alstede Farms make every effort to provide you with top quality fresh cut Christmas trees.
Following these recommendations will help to insure your total satisfaction. Thank you for your patronage,
and we always welcome your questions and remarks.